Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Friday, April 13, 2012

Color Blocked, Tie Dye T-Shirt.


A weekend project maybe?
 My inspiration, Kind of.

 Tutorial 
Things you need



  1. Tee- Shirt (Hanes is my favorite)
  2. Rit Dye
  3. Gold Fabric paint
  4. Rubber band
  5. Two plastic containers ~one for each color.(I used zip lock containers)
  6. Brush
  7. Tape~ not shown~  
  8. Rubber gloves.

Having trouble picking out the colors.
 Here is a color block wheel.



 And a little instruction on how to color block HERE!



  1.  First pour your dye into your two containers
  2. Wet your shirt
  3. Put half of your shirt in to the dye of your choice
  4. Let  it sit for however long you want, until you achieve the color you want.
  5. Carefully  rinse in cold water ( wearing your rubber gloves.)
  6. Hang dry
  7. Place the rubber band where you want the other dye to go up  to
  8. Place the other half of the shirt into the other dye.
  9. Repeat 2 through 6.

 I placed paper in between my shirt, so the paint would not bleed through
Tape off a small stripe.
 Paint your gold
 I painted two coats of gold,
let dry, then remove the tape.










I  added another gold stripe.




New Summer Tee with lots of color!
Just think of all the color combos you could do.
Happy Friday everyone!!
I hope your weekend is magical.
Lots of <3,
Anne.



14 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! I would absolutely wear this all summer long! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rach. your such and angel:)

      Delete
  2. I've got to tell you, this may be my favorite DIY you've ever done and you've done some AMAZING thigns! This is just gorgeous and you were spot on adding the extra stripe! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're brilliant! Ohmygosh Anne if this was in a store I would buy it immediately!

    I'm so head over heels in love with this top! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so amazingly Sweet !! thank you so much Jenn..
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. This shirt is to die for. I definitely want to try this one. Absolutely love the colors. The gold is a great added touch. I love your website, you are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so creative! it turned out great =)
    xx
    sarabelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amei. Eu quero uma pra mim.
    Te adoro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Anne, that is sooo pretty!! Like the other commenters, I love, love, love your color choices!! Very summery and bright - gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susie!!
      I Just love orange and Pink together..
      Have a wonderful Day
      <3

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!